Who we are
Purple Turtle Group consists of Purple Turtle Media cc | Purple Turtle Aviation cc | Purple Pebble Productions cc t/a Purple Turtle Communications via this site https://www.purpleturtle.co.za
Personal Information we collect
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We may also collect personal information you provide us via chat, WhatsApp or contact forms
For quotes and billing we will collect publicly available personal and company information, eg CK/PTY reg numbers, VAT numbers and addresses
How we use your Personal/Company information.
We may use your personal or company information to:
- Respond to your request and inquiries
- send you proposals, quote or invoices
- provide you with services or products
- send you updates on latest developments and offers
- send you marketing info via email and other electronic mediums that may be of interest to you. You may unsubscribe at any time should you wish to no longer receive these
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Disclose of Personal or company Information
Purple Turtle does not sell personal or company info and thus will not disclose your personal or company info to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer personal into to our agencies and partners.
- We may require to disclose or transfer your personal or company info to suppliers, affiliates, partners to facilitate service delivery.
- Personal and or company info will for obvious reason needs to be disclosed to staff, who require it to do their jobs. They are made aware of confidentiality obligations and are contractually bound to maintain confidentiality.
- We may be required under law to disclose personal or company info without notice being given to yourself.
- If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Security of Personal Information
Purple Turtle Group takes all reasonable measures and precautions to keep your personal and company information secure. However we can not guarantee the 100% security of the processes and all information and records are backed-up on a regular basis.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
You may access and correct any personal or company information by sending us an email with the formal request.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.