Did you know you can retune your DSTV decoder and get FREE TV channels. NO catch its true.
Tuning your DSTV decoder is a great way to get the free Public channels. But it does still require a DSTV subscription of some kind even if its just the SABC free channels.
FTA decoders are suggested as its cheap and easy. Or contact SPACETV or ELLIES to buy a Free to air decoder.
DSTV Decoder Retuning instructions:
- Press menu Select “Advanced Options” Select “Dish Installation”
- Enter the pin “9949”
- Select “Network Configuration”
- Select “Network 2 Setup” NB: Leave “Network 1 Setup (Home)” unchanged!!
- Set Signal Setup to “Enabled” by selecting it, and moving left or right Set Frequency to “12522”
- Set Symbol Rate to “27500″
- Set Polarization to “Vertical”
- Set FEC to “3/4”
- Select “Accept these settings”
- Exit once to go back to the “Dish Installation” menu
- Select “Scan All Networks” Your decoder will go into scanning mode and might take a while to scan
- Do not interrupt the process even if it seems to take longer than you expected! Once completed, your picture will return as normal
TO VIEW public channels,
- press the “TV button” on your remote control.
- The “Bouquet Options” menu will appear. Select “Public PAS7/10” Pressing any of the arrow buttons on your remote, will open the screen with all the available Free to Air channels.
- Simply select the channel you wish to view and press ok to view.
(For information on How to Tune your DSTV decoder to the FREE Public channels, please contact your DSTV installer as we are unable to support home users in tuning their decoders)